During my last post, I mentioned a few goals that we had before baby #2, which is now T- 6.5 weeks or less. Here is what we (mainly Alok) has accomplished this far:
Office/guest bed bath= complete! (Almost)
Alok put everything on the front porch. Very confusing to have a toilet on the front porch when we have a son we are potty training. Fortunately, we found a vets group in Quincy that took everything away within a few hours.
Much nicer! The only thing left to do in this area is to complete the shower part. Gold door are gone, new doors and ready to be bought, but we are awaiting plumbing help for a new fixture to replace the old.
We also got Alok's office (aka the guest room) finished as well:
Trim is complete, walls are painted a nice gray, everything else is out, and there is a bed! Magic!
In other good news, Alok made a lot of progress on the yard. The 6 foot tall weeds are gone (you're welcome, neighbors) and although there is just a lot of mulch right now, it already looks better.
Putting down paper/soil pre-mulch
Pre-mulch, post weed pulling
Filling the rocky area with mulch
Tired guy throwing mulch out of the back of the truck
Kieran checking out what daddy has been doing
Mulch filled area
More yard pics later. He also mulched the entire sides of the yard, but I apparently failed to get pics thus far.
We also have been living without doors. We literally have doors on 2 bathrooms (1 other bath has a shower curtain and another has no door) and no doors on any bedrooms, etc. Getting a few doors put in is another goal.
First, Alok completed this door:
Notice the lack of trim/gaps, etc before
Here it is after:
These two doors were also put in: 1 is the bathroom under the stairs (which has had a shower curtain only) and 1 is the nursery room room:
Notice anything missing? I think we need some opaque class.
The fun part here is that none of the doors are labeled. These were obvious since they had glass. They were all covered with multi-layers of paint, have been stripped, and now just need to find their rightful place and get hung. We also have to polish/clean up all of the hardware. Step by step.
Alok had a little helper for part of it:
Kieran watching daddy cut off the bottom of the nursery door that he carried up, realized was too tall for the current floor level, carried down, cut, and carried back up/hung:
Alok getting some help moving the claw foot tub, from both Eric and Oliver the cat. This is now placed in the laundry room until he can tile the bathroom:
New shower base laid. Now, just off to start tiling!
So, in our goals to complete 3 baths and the laundry room pre-baby that were stated in July, we have 1 bath 99.9% complete (just requires shower doors and faucet), 1 more bath in progress, and may or may not get to our master. I think we can give up the dream of the laundry room :-)
That's all for now.