Feel free to add comments and give suggestions. All opinions and ideas are welcome.

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Flashback!

July 28, 2011

As per usual, I haven't done anything at the house and have chosen to consume my time with an ever-so-fine balance of psychological report writing and roller derby (unfortunately, the former is winning). Actually, I take that back. I did pull weeds that were up to my waist yesterday while I was still in my work clothes, watching my husband scarf down leftover Chinese (he tends to forget to eat while working. I don't have that problem). The mosquitoes could sense my presence and planned a swarm attack, which left most of the weeds standing (plus, Alok kept saying "they may be poisonous" every time I reached for one, making me jump back every time, while I looked at him in an attempt to guess the knowledge that my attorney husband has of weeds.... but I guessed more than me and kind of listened.... or really just pulled with caution)

Today, Alok was sweating it up at the house. Of course, I pull up to talk to him on my way to derby and there is no air conditioning (that's not a surprise since it doesn't currently exist), but there is also no water or anything in the house. Apparently, he decided the addition of running water would balance out the lack of cold water or any cups to drink from. I felt bad for our poor plumbers (oh, and my very sweaty husband) and went and got a bunch of water and Gatorade. That makes us even, right?

I also thought that I would be a little masochistic today and take a look back at last year's blog on this day. (Yes, this is something I like to do).

Here is the link to said blog in case you are too lazy to scroll back through them (which would be understandable) or don't like my recap.

http://thisoldhampshirehouse.blogspot.com/2010/07/day-5.html (By the title, you can guess that this was day 5 of the house before, which means we are now on day 370..... yes, I can add while I sigh)

Here was the focus of last year's blog on this day:



At least we have successfully gotten rid of the mold in this room (As a psychologist, I tend to look at the positives).

Although, now it looks like this:


The area to the left in the picture is the window.

Now, not only do we not have mold, but we don't have walls.....or air conditioning (did you notice the lovely, petri dish of a air conditioner in the first picture?) But I think we're moving in the right direction......

On the flip side, I try to avoid pictures like this:



which remind me of the months of wallpaper scraping, only to take down the walls. Again, on the positive note, I now know how to peel wallpaper. Granted, we will not allow wallpaper to enter this house again and I don't really have a fondness for this task, so I doubt it will really be of much use in the future. You should have seen my face when Alok suggested that we wallpaper a bathroom..... I still think he must have been kidding......

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment