Feel free to add comments and give suggestions. All opinions and ideas are welcome.

Monday, August 22, 2011

Pole pole

August 22, 2011

(pronounced pole-ey, ploe-ey.... or something like that, I can't phonetically spell).

As I'm sure I've mentioned in a previous blog, as I learned in Tanzania, that is Swahili for slow slow......

Although that feels to be the space at which this house is progressing, I'd have to say that we are actually moving at an OK pace right now.....

Alok and I were looking through some old pics today. They captured one of our two house projects that we had prior to buying this house (and by house, I mean painting or putting up a back splash in our small Chicago condo project)..... He's going to kill me for putting these up....




The kitchen... to be transformed from bright yellow and white to chocolate brown and some fancy named french yellow......


Surveying the space..... where to begin...


Uh oh, we have to get behind the fridge!

We weren't so great at getting after pics ;-)

OK, back to the house of the matter. Alok has been continuing to work on leveling the walls and ceilings for drywall, as seen here:


Apartment area almost finished


Dining room area


Dining room


More dining room


In case you have no clue what I'm talking about.... if you see these little strips as seen above, that is what he is putting on the walls. They are using 2x4s or something for the ceiling if you care!


Hallway strips


Foyer



Strips under the stairs.....

I also took a look at Alok's new closet:


And he wonders where all his work clothes are


I took this pic to illustrate the amount of dust in the house... that now resides all over his work clothes and shoes. They are starting to look like the shoes we pulled out of the wall.

Alok and I also had a very exciting debate as to whether to leave this door (seen below) or to remove it. There is a window in the closet that I could have captured if I thought about it that he thinks will let in light, I say shut it off because it's storage. BTW, he proceeded to win the debate about talking all about the leveling of the floors, yada yada.... and I gave in since I have no clue what he's talking about ;-)



Jessica

(I don't know what this is bold and underlined, but I'm too tired to figure it out)


No comments:

Post a Comment