Feel free to add comments and give suggestions. All opinions and ideas are welcome.

Monday, June 25, 2012

Magical microwave



June 25, 2012 

 I apologize for the delay in posting.  I've had the following pics on my phone for about a week.  The bonus is, two posts in 1!

First, let's channel our Doc Brown and pretend that we are 1 week in the past. Here is what you would see:

Alok working on the shelves and the recessed microwave..... well, this is his work.  He's not invisible in this picture or anything

The massive microwave that is taking longer to install than our entire plumbing system.  (I kid, I kid..... kind of!)

OK, now back, to the future.  Or actually still the past.  About 4 hours in the past to be exact.  (This is what happens when they play all 3 Back to the Futures....even though you own them).  

After 1 year and a long winter with no siding, here is the back of the house now.... It almost is starting to look like a real house (notice that I didn't really capture the not so great looking top half)



When you look at our yard, the house still looks abandoned. Hey, we can't have it all, right!


Moving on inside, Alok is working on the countertops.  We actually had a discussion last about how it was smart to go for the cheap countertops, rather than the ones that cost about the same amount for 1 sq ft as we paid for our lovely laminate.  Alok came home and told me that I jinxed him and he accidentally split the countertop when cutting it.   Now, my mom's story is that he stepped on it.... hmmm.... maybe it was a bit of a split/kick combo that killed it.  Anyway, it's been reordered.  In the meantime, he's working on what he can while he waits for his "special order laminate" to come in.



I'd say that this black here looks a bit better than the hunter green coming up. Here is one piece that is being prepped:

The old countertops:

 The old countertops.... I think someone ran out of water.

Alok also has finished the shelving area/space for the magical microwave.


Here is an old picture of the "original kitchen" from when we bought the house:

Alok just came home from the house and when I asked him what he did, he replied "don't even get me started."  Apparently, tonight involved 2 trips to Home Depot, Alok trying to take out a bar sink, only to realize that the water turn off valve didn't work that resulted in water spraying everywhere.... so lots of fun!

In other updates, here is where we were at the house last year.  At least we've made progress!

That's all for now!  

Jessica


Pics from 1 year ago:

Upstairs hallway bath:


Upstairs hallway:


Apartment bathroom:

Bathroom under the stairs:

Attic:



Dining room:


 Upstairs hallway bath:
  
Laundry room:


Master bath:

I believe, my office:

Yellow bedroom:





No comments:

Post a Comment