Feel free to add comments and give suggestions. All opinions and ideas are welcome.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Painting the town red

October 27, 2010

Or Wedgewood gray, VanDuesen blue, bryant gold, and white 01. Today we went and bought some of our outdoor house paint. Since we had to replace some rotted siding, we are going to paint it in the colors we have picked for the house. We'll see how far we get before it freezes. Given the weather, that may be about 2 days.

While we were waiting for the paint to be mixed, Alok picked out this tile:


What do you guys think? I honestly think it's hideous (it's more hunter green than it looks here). I figured I'd put it up to see what independent people think (this is bathroom tile).

The good news is that we actually now have stairs and can use the front door. Woo hoo! Well, we still need one more stair, but we're almost done. Here it is now (warning, I took these with my new cell phone rather than a real camera, so some aren't as great):

New steps by the apartment


Front steps


Front of the house now

As you can see below, there is a bit more than needs to be fixed:


We also got the front apartment closet window (the formally leaky one) reframed, as seen here:


It looks much better than pictured!

The last news of the day is that we have some of the wood for the trim around the outside doors done. Here it is:


That's about it. I know it's not that exciting, but I figured I would give an update before we go to NYC to celebrate Ms. KMLB's birthday.

Jessica

4 comments:

  1. I agree Jess...not to crazy about the tile Alok picked...it looks like moss on a rock, which I guess is good if you are going for the "creek in my bathroom" look...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like that tile either. Looks like molding skin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to defend poor Alok. I like it how it appears on my screen. But, if it really looks more hunter green I'd have to give Jessie my vote. I know: you could put a piece of it outside the house with a "yes" and "no" jar in front of it. You could raise some extra cash for the house by having people vote with their dollars. Oh, oh - even better - whoever is willing to purchase your tile for you can pick it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not a fan of the tile...but a super fan of the rest of the hard work and awesome job you guys are doing!

    ReplyDelete