Feel free to add comments and give suggestions. All opinions and ideas are welcome.

Thursday, December 16, 2010

I spoke too soon (and I need to learn to proofread)

December 16, 2010

Within the last 24 hours, I was having a conversation with someone about the mold that we've had in our lovely Hampshire House. I told them that we had the mold under control. Today, my mom went by the house and peeled off a piece of wallpaper from the butler's pantry and guess what was there?


That lovely black stuff would be mold

AH! This is the backing to the wallpaper that is still up there, so we don't know how bad the wall is. Here are the other pics of this lovely area:

The butler's pantry. The wall to your left is the mold wall... although they all have potential to be a mold wall.


The apartment bathroom is on the other side of the wall


That is the ceiling..which is, of course, wallpapered


Mold close up

Alok and I were just discussing if we should wait to fix up this area until we did the kitchen (which will be a few years) and decided to wait.... or so we thought. I guess that decision has been made for us!

In other news, it looks like someone also took a scraper to the dining room ceiling:


I thought we were leaving this for now, but what the heck. I guess we're not.

We also worked on tearing down the apartment ceiling, as seen here:



There's a pipe going through here, but I'm not sure where it would go


Massive amounts of stuff from the ceiling

Speaking of stuff in the ceiling, we found some more items, as seen here:






Ladies Home Journal from 1891





Back of card


Jack of diamonds









There was also a shoe in here, but I don't know where it went.

That's all for now.

Jessica

1 comment:

  1. wow! our house is 100 years old but we bought it flipped. i wonder what the flippers might have found. that's such cool stuff!

    also, bummer and so sorry about the mold. :(
    we've got to scrape, prime and repaint our entire interior because of wetness issues. the paint is just coming off in chunks. we're telling people we're going for shabby chic.
    ;0)

    ReplyDelete