Feel free to add comments and give suggestions. All opinions and ideas are welcome.

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Tile!

January 29, 2012

On this day, nearly 2 years after buying the house, we have finally started to lay a floor that we are actually keeping. Alok has been busy tiling away, with the help of his lovely assistant, my mom. Here is the progress:








Looking good.

In other exciting news, we had our 2nd HVAC system installed (for the 2nd/3rd floors). Although, I was so distracted by everything else that I didn't take a picture or even look at it.

Our 2 missing windows are also in the process of being installed. Here is the first replacement window in our yellow bedroom:


The attic has also been painted, as seen here.... although I don't think it looks painted. Hmmm....










Alok was also very upset today when he came to the house. He said that he had "really screwed up" and brought me into the apartment area. I expected to see paint dripping through the ceiling, instead, here is what I saw:



What do you see? Nothing? That's what I thought. Apparently, the speakers in the ceiling are slightly off center and Alok has been ruminating about this all day. Oh to be a perfectionist ;-)

Jessica

1 comment:

  1. Marble floor! That must be what the laundry rooms looked like in ancient Greece!

    ReplyDelete