Feel free to add comments and give suggestions. All opinions and ideas are welcome.

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Sneaking in!

March 10, 2012

So, I couldn't resist sneaking in to the house! Don't worry, I only walked on the non-finished floor (where we need to lay new floor in the apartment). Here is a peak from what I could see:


Foyer


Dining Room


Foyer

After this, we did some shopping. We purchased our kitchen floor after MUCH debate:


White and black marble after ignoring the warnings of others regarding stains, cracks, etc. I was at the counter with another tile in my hand when this wonderful lady told Alok that his sample that he had ordered came in. We almost had an easy decision! I told Alok that we could get this, but the first time that I drop something and it hurts the tile, he can't get mad. This then started a conversation as to why I can't do anything without dropping it on myself and he suggested OT ;-) (Seriously though, I tried to take a drink of his soda today from a bottle and it squirted all over my arm...how does that happen?!)

After this, we also looked at new pulls for our cabinets in the kitchen. Here they are (exciting, I know!).


New hardware for the butler's pantry


A variety of brushed nickle to choose from.

Then, we went and looked at appliances. After going to Sears, Home Depot, then Quincy Appliance, then Lowes, then Home Depot, we decided on a suite from Home Depot. Here they are:



Alok checking out the new fridge


5 burner convection, gas oven.


Over the range microwave



Fancy dishwasher

Tomorrow, we hope to pick out the rest of the paint colors and start to lay tile in one of the bathrooms. Wish us luck!

Jessica

3 comments: