November 15, 2012
If you ignore the sunbursts and a bit of trim, the house is painted. Here it is:
Some moving is going on in the rest of the house. While some looks much better, other parts always look worse. It's a never ending cycle. Actually having closets with storage or any type of storage area would probably help us put some stuff away. A lot of floorboards have also been laid, as seen throughout below:
Alok also hung up some closet bars so that we could hang stuff when the time comes. Nicer organizers to come later:
We also got a dresser/hutch for the babies room, which Alok assembled:
Umm... what happened to my office!
More closet bars
And our new deliveries! Woo hoo!
Here is the update on the baby list:
Here are the items that we completed in our countdown
1) Get as much done on the outside siding as possible--> Pretty much done
2) Make this safe---> DONE
3) Make the other areas pet safe (e.g., covering hazards, cutting nails that are poking out, etc).---> MAINLY DONE
5) Hang closet bars in these two small closets. The rest will have to wait.-- DONE (see above pics)Here are the items that remain:
1) Fix the stairs. We will paint them right before we move in.... Maybe this weekend?
2) Hang the stained glass window here. We have everything set up and are just awaiting the people who are doing stuff for it.
Not too shabby, huh? Alok is working on things such as laying floor boards, etc that really don't have to be done now, but are making his life easier if he does them now. So, whatever he wants to do.
That's all for now.