Feel free to add comments and give suggestions. All opinions and ideas are welcome.

Monday, June 20, 2011

And the trees fall down

June 20, 2011

As I was surveying the damage yesterday by the trees, apparently I missed the entire back of the house. Before we get to that, I was just noticing the pipes that had been removed because our plumber started today! Exciting. Here are the pipes:




See the great condition of these? It's no wonder our lovely inspector said these pipes were OK.

Anyway, on to the trees. The first thing I noticed was this branch:

This is bigger than it looks

And then I noticed that this bunch looked weird:

And saw that the tree had broken in half.

Then I looked up:

See those two branches pointing to the side and down. Yea, it's not suppose to be like that.


Another view


Extreme close up

Basically, these branches broke off and one of them broke another tree in half. Unfortunately, these were not the trees that really needed to be taken out.

Then, my mom pointed out this branch dangling above the garage:


Close up:


Here is a video of the excitement:



Needless to say, we're lucky that we got some names of tree removal people from our neighbor. It just looks like we'll need to get on that a bit faster, especially since one of the branches is above a power line/our neighbors shed. I mean, if you lose power, I swear it wasn't us!!

Moving on inside, as I mentioned before, our plumbers started today. We even have a toilet hole in the bathroom under the stairs:



They also nicely organized the plumbing supplies in the front living room:


And made a lot of progress on the master bathroom:


Plumbing in the foyer for the master. I've never been so excited to see pipes!


Plumbing in the foyer ceiling for the master bath


Plumbing to the side of the front door for the master


Plumbing for the actual master

I have a feeling these aren't quite as exciting for those of you who actually have plumbing, but I'm finding it pretty thrilling!

Alok has also been working on tearing out the last thing that needs to be torn out. We'll call it the "forgotten room" aka the yellow bedroom bath that is being removed. Oops.





That's all for now.

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment