Feel free to add comments and give suggestions. All opinions and ideas are welcome.

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Groundhog Day

November 2, 2010

After a slight injury yesterday on the way to the house (i.e., me falling while trying to open the car door and spraining my ankle), I took the night off of derby to do a bit more painting. Although, in hindsight it seems that derby may have been safer than driving to the house.... hmmmmm......

We came in to this wood drying in the basement:


I'm not sure why this is here or what it's for, but I'm sure we'll find out. In the meantime, it resembles Lincoln Logs or a game of Jenga (or that one game with different colored sticks..... what is that called?!)

After staring at the outside of the house trying to decide which of our 4 colors will go where (this is after trying to mark a poorly colored picture during dinner), we headed inside to continue to prime the siding and trim. We found out that we actually need to prime the back of the siding, which made sense given that it sucks up a ton of paint (drinking paint is better than water.... at least for wood, that's not a recommendation for people). So, painting the back of the siding and getting primer into the little, itty-bitty, spaces on the trim took about twice as long as painting the siding and took about twice as much primer.

Here are the pics:

Alex checking out the wood/paint


Siding/trim drying


Siding/trim drying

These pics look so much different than yesterday, right? Maybe we should play that game.... what is different in the pictures. (If you're that bored, I think I have some siding you can paint).

After arriving home from the night of painting, we realized we not only did not have hot water, but I was then informed that I have a chunk of oil-based paint in the back of my hair. So, while watching the election results, I've been looking up the best way to get this out. Here is the best article thus far:
http://www.ehow.com/how_5001779_remove-oilbased-paint-hair.html
Looks like I'll be having some olive oil in the very cold shower. Nice.

Jessica

1 comment: